Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Seventh Void

Seventh Void was established in 2003, when Johnny Kelly and Kenny Hickey from Type O Negative joined forces with Matt brown from A Pale Horse Named Death and Hank Hell. Their debut album “Heaven is Gone” was released in North America on April of 2009 on Vinnie Paul’s (Pantera, Damageplan, Hellyeah) record label “Big Vin Records”, and in November 2010 in Europe via “Napalm Records”.

The first time I heard of Seventh Void was after Peter Steele passed away this in April. Once I heard the musical power of Seventh Void, I couldn’t believe me it took that long to discover then. But hey, better late than never! “Heaven is Gone” is one of my favorite tracks out of the album, and it was also the first song I heard from them. I’ve always been a fan of Kenny’s voice, especially in songs like “All Hallows Eve” & “We Hate Everyone” by Type O Negative. Another factor that adds to the bands over sound is having Johnny on drums. Johnny in my opinion is one of the most influential drummers in Heavy Metal, along with Sal Abruscato (Life Of Agony, A Pale Horse Named Death), Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Damageplan, Hellyeah), Lars Ulrich (Metallica) and Dave Lombardo (Slayer).

My ear drums tell me: “This band kicks ass!” From the moment I listen to the album from beginning to end. Every song has its own feel, but never loses its edge like most bands do when they try experimenting. There are certain “mainstream” bands that write one or two good songs, and the rest of the album sucks! Seventh Void is not this type of band, and you can tell that they work carefully on every song to make sure that the whole album is good front beginning to end.

I have had the pleasure of chatting with Johnny Kelly a few times, and he is just a down to earth guy who is lucky to be doing what he loves to do. His passion and humbleness are the reason why he has so much respect and support from the fans. From what I have heard, the chances of having Seventh Void perform in Toronto are slim. But if I have to travel to see them, I will be the first in line.. Cheers and Keep those Horns High UP!





Related links:
Seventh Void on MySpace
Seventh Void on Facebook
Album Cover by Joey James

Johnny Demone (Horns Up Rocks correspondent in Toronto, Canada) \m/

No comments: