Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine Unleashes The Perfect Holiday Gift!


Ranked #1 by Joel McIver in his 'The 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists' book, Dave Mustaine has godfathered several generations of axe-wielders, first as the original lead guitarist for Metallica, and then as the founder of Megadeth. Now, Mustaine has teamed with the creators of 'Rock Prodigy' to give his legions of fans an entirely NEW way to experience and learn his music. Available just in time for the holidays on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, 'Dave Mustaine: Guitar Prodigy' is an interactive application that teaches fans how to play Megadeth songs on ANY guitar. This is what Mustaine had to say about his latest venture, during an interview with Noisecreep.

Why was this important for you to do now, at this stage of your career?

The first thing was, when I was approached by Rock Prodigy, I knew right away that they were the right people for this. How they approached my music, especially how they took such care to get all the transcriptions right - they totally got it. So that was important. But then there's this thing where, as I get older, it's important to me to put stuff like this out there because physically, I don't know how much longer I can do what I do. Physically, things get tougher. I've had surgeries lately; you just know what's gonna happen so this is a way to preserve what I do for the next generation of players.

It allows the teaching to go on forever.

Exactly. That's really important to me. I first started thinking along these lines watching as my sensei became older. He couldn't move in the same way as he had before, and he told me, when your body can't do what it once did, it's okay, you just have to start relying on your mind more.

You like reaching out to young students obviously.

I do now. The Big Four shows really opened things up for in that I saw and heard from so many young players, and they told me how much I'd influenced their playing. That blew me away. You want to think maybe that happened, but when you hear it first hand from so many it sort of inspires you. It did me, anyway.



As a kid, whose app would you have wanted to learn from?

Angus Young for sure , Jimmy Page and probably Michael Schenker. But mostly Jimmy Page. I mean, I always sort of modeled myself as part Jimmy Page, part Robert Plant. I'm not saying I ever close to those guys' levels, but I tried [laughter]. But right now, 'Dave Mustaine: Guitar Prodigy' is really my way of letting fans spend some personal time with me. And I hope a lot of young players - any players for that matter - get to check it out.

NOTE: The app comes with multiple skill levels from beginner to advanced, and even features a leader board to show off top scores. It's an affordable way for a fan to get a one-on-one connection with the artist and to experience the music – by playing the music.

Download your copy of 'Dave Mustaine: Guitar Prodigy' now on iTunes!

Interview courtesy of: Noisecreep



"Gigantour" 2012, featuring Megadeth, Motörhead, Volbeat, and Lacuna Coil! Here are the tour dates!

January:
26 – Susquehanna Bank Center – Camden, NJ
27 – Mohegan Sun Arena – Uncasville, CT
28 – Theater at Madison Square Garden – New York, NY
29 – Tsongas Arena – Lowell, MA

February:

1 – Glens Falls Civic Center – Glens Falls, NY
2 – Colisee Pepsi – Quebec City, QC
3 – Bell Centre – Montreal, QC
5 – K-Rock Centre – Kingston, ON
7 – General Motors Centre – Oshawa, ON
8 – Copps Coliseum – Hamilton, ON
9 – Palace of Auburn Hills – Auburn Hills, MI
10 – Aragon Ballroom – Chicago, IL
12 – Eagles Ballroom – Milwaukee, WI
14 – Myth – St. Paul, MN
16 – Prairieland – Saskatoon, SK
17 – Shaw Conference Centre – Edmonton, AB
18 – Big 4 Building – Calgary, AB
20 – Abbotsford Ent & Sports Centre – Abbotsford, BC
21 – Showare Center – Kent, WA
23 – Event Center at San Jose State University – San Jose, CA
24 – Gibson Amphitheatre – Universal City, CA
25 – Comerica Theatre – Phoenix, AZ
26 – Tingley Coliseum – Albuquerque, NM
28 – The Fillmore Auditorium – Denver, CO

Photo: Steve Lars from Creative Ventures International & Steve Lars on Facebook

Related links:
Megadeth

No comments: