Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SLIPKNOT's Corey Taylor: "You don't put the mask on... you wrap it on" - Watch #8 Speak About THE MASK!


"When you put that mask on you go places you would never imagine," Taylor said during his June 2011 appearance at at the Oxford University. "It comes from a spot that's uncomfortable and really dark." He added: "The mask was a way to visualize everything I was feeling in heart and my gut — all that pain I was holding on to. I didn't have the worst childhood but I didn't have the best, and when you grow up like that you have certain limitations invariably stuck inside you. SLIPKNOT was a way to work it out."

In a Janaury 2012 interview with ESPN.com, Taylor said, "I refuse to wash my mask during a tour. I can't do it. It's like, I don't want to lose it, you know what I'm saying? And it's gnarly, dude. By the end of a tour cycle, my mask smells like an episode of 'CSI'. It gets bad. My wife won't even let 'em come in the house: 'You put that thing in the garage, in the corner, under boxes. I don't want to see it, smell it — fuck that thing."



Come see Corey Taylor and THE MASK at the ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL! SLIPKNOT is headlining!

6/30 – San Bernardino, CA
7/1 – San Francisco, CA
7/3 – Seattle, WA
7/6 – Phoenix, AZ
7/7 – Albuquerque, NM
7/8 – Denver, CO
7/10 – Dallas, TX
7/11 – Houston, TX
7/13 – Tampa, FL
7/14 – Atlanta, GA
7/15 – Indianapolis, IN
7/18 – Oklahoma City, OK
7/20 – St. Louis, MO
7/21 – Chicago, IL
7/22 – Detroit, MI
7/24 – Cincinnati, OH
7/25 – Cleveland, OH
7/27 – Philadelphia, PA
7/28 – Pittsburgh, PA
7/29 – Washington, DC
7/31 – Saratoga, NY
8/1 – Buffalo, NY
8/3 – Boston, MA
8/4 – Scranton, PA
8/5 – Hartford, CT

Tune in to Rockstar Mayhemfest.com and Livenation.com for up-to-date ticketing information.

Related links:
Slipknot

No comments: