Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Philip Hansen Anselmo Celebrates his 44th Birthday - Here Are His Most Famous Quotes!


The voice of PANTERA and DOWN, the legendary Philip hansen Anselmo, arguably the most controversial frontman in Heavy Music history, is celebrating his 44th birthday today. Philip was born on June 30, 1968, in New Orleans, Louisiana. His musical career has not only impacted millions of screamers worldwide thanks to his work with PANTERA, DOWN, SUPERJOINT RITUAL and various other side projects, but today he is also the owner of Housecore Records: a record label that specializes in underground music. Here is Anselmo in his very own words:

"Let me hear you make some noise before we get out of here, let me hear you loud... That sucks! Let me hear you louder! Now listen to me. When we came on this goddamn stage we said that we are the Kings of Metal, and I do believe that fucking wholeheartedly... because I'll tell you right now: We are the ones that never let you down and fucking sold out on you and kissed ass to the goddamn fucking status quo. We are a Heavy Metal band man! We are a fucking Heavy Metal band! And goddamn we are great... oh shit, we are awesome! Goddamn!" - Phil Anselmo on stage at the end of their performance at Ozzfest 2000 (Pantera's last appearance at Ozzfest)

"I may be loaded. I may be drunk. But I ain't stupid." - Phil Anselmo while on tour in 1996

"If I have to pick five songs, they are: At Dawn They Sleep by Slayer, The Battle of Evermore by Led Zeppelin, Drowning Man by U2, Blind by Swans, Painted Black by the Rolling Stones, A Day in the Life by The Beatles, and I got one more, The Prophet Song by Queen". Phil Anselmo answering his fans questions via Ustream in 2010.

"Speaking of stage freight. I was terrified! It was in NOLA at an all ages show. I was wearing Jeans, a Van Halen t-shirt, and a bandana on my neck. Once I gripped that microphone stand I did not let go! I plugged my microphone into a guitar FX pedal. Then at the end of the a Black Sabbath song we were covering, I hit the guitar pedal. It was horrific!" - Phil Anselmo discussing his first time onstage

"If you see a guy holding his girl to this next song, knock him on his fucking ass!" - Phil Anselmo while on stage in Europe with Pantera in 1997

"Burn this motherfucker to the ground if ya'll want!" - Phil Anselmo on stage at Ozzfest 2000 in Nashville. The place was destroyed after the show, as a result Ozzfest was banned for 4 years in Nashville.

"Don't underestimate the kid, you're fucking crazy if you do. And I am the kid!" - Phil Anselmo while taping "Pantera: Behind the Music" for VH1.

"I thought I could do anything and there wasn't a damn thing that could beat me... I was wrong." Phil Anselmo discussing his former addiction to heroine.

"Drink beer, smoke dope, and eat pussy until your jaw breaks!" - Phil Anselmo while on stage with Superjoint Ritual at Ozzfest 2004

"I've always been and had a mentality for what the alternate kid would want to hear and I don't necessarily mean alternative, because alternative - the use of the word over the years - has made the entire situation unalternative. About as unalternative as it gets." Phil Anselmo ranting about Alternative Music

"Actually I have no idea what I just said, but I love ya'lls response!"

"I can easily say I've done everything I've wanted in music." - Phil Anselmo


Here is Phil Anselmo doing what he does best!







Related links:
Phil Anselmo's Official Site

No comments: