Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Monday, February 4, 2013

It's Official, Rob Caggiano Joins VOLBEAT - Statement Available!


Exactly one month ago, Rob Caggiano announced that he was leaving Anthrax in order to focus on producing records (he is currently producing the NEW Volbeat album). More info HERE!

Today (February 4), VOLBEAT has announced that Rob Caggiano is their NEW guitar player! Here is a statement from the band, regarding the inclusion of Caggiano along with some info about their NEW album:

"We’re happy to announce that the upcoming studio album 'Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies will be released on in April 8. 2013 (GSA on April 5 and USA on April 9). The band will also like to share that former Anthrax and The Damned Things guitarist Rob Caggiano has officially joined the band. Caggiano served as producer on 'Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies', alongside long-time production partner Jacob Hansen, who produced and mixed the band's prior four albums. Caggiano's producer credits include The Damned Things, Bleeding Through and Anthrax amongst others, and he was a member of Anthrax for two tenures from 2001-2005 and again from 2007-2013.

"The band is very proud and happy to announce that he will also be the new guitar player in Volbeat. The collaboration with Rob in the studio was so inspiring and in good spirit that we the decided to keep him. Basically we went into the studio as a three piece and came out as a whole band!"

Adds Caggiano: “Wow! I have to say I’m completely blown away by the turn of events over the last few weeks here in Denmark and at this point an update is definitely in order.

“To start with, I came to Denmark about a month ago to produce the NEW Volbeat record which in and of itself has been an incredibly exciting adventure from a producer’s perspective thus far. However, I’m extremely happy to say my relationship with these guys will not end there as it turns out… it’s just beginning!



“Michael had asked me on the phone before I got out here if I would play some guest solos on the NEW album in addition to my other duties, and, of course, I was thrilled about that and agreed to do so. When I actually got to Denmark and started going through the material, this turned out to be so much more than that.

“After weeks of collaboration between Michael and I, it became quite clear that we had an amazing creative chemistry together and a huge mutual respect for one another.

“It’s so refreshing and inspiring to be creative again on a songwriting level that words can’t even describe it and the vibe between Anders, Jon, Michael and I is just awesome. I’d say an artistic relationship like this one is very rare and it’s also something I don’t take for granted.

“When the guys asked me if I was interested in joining Volbeat the other day, my jaw just about hit the floor! It actually didn’t even register in my brain properly until the next morning, but I gotta say, it also didn’t take me long to decide. It really isn’t the way I envisioned the rest of my year to play out but at the same time, THIS feels more ‘right’ to me than anything I could have possibly imagined and I’m going for it!

“To all my fans, family, friends and overall supporters that have reached out to me over this last month wondering if I’m ever gonna play guitar again or what I’m up to in general etc., see you all soon my friends and get ready for a wild ride!!!”

As why he left ANTHRAX:

"My heart simply wasn't in it anymore. I had a blast playing with those guys, and they will always be family to me. But outside of my guitar solos and production work, Anthrax was never a creative outlet for me."

Related links:
Volbeat

Follow Rob Caggiano on Twitter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Surprising announcement! Looking forward to the new direction Rob will add to the music.